View Single Post
Old 19-09-2023, 06:26 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: I'm A Car Enthusiast That is Starting to Hate Cars. Here's Why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I'm currently in a marriage (26 years) where my wife does not mind that I have a couple of cars. I have worked hard, the mortgage is all but paid off and the kids have flown the coupe.

I'm like a lot of blokes though, and if my marriage was to end for any reason I wouldn't start dating again. I would certainly relish the extra free time, and money, to do what I want.

Men don't tinker anymore though. They go to cafes with their friends, go hiking, wear lycra and block traffic etc.
I do all that,

Except the hiking, wearing Lycra and block traffic,

So just going to cafe with friends, I'll wear the Lycra though if you pay me

I think most long term married men have the same views that if it ended you'd basically take advantage of having only yourself for company - and there's nothing wrong with that. Then they can burn the candle on both ends like me, there's a reason married men live longer

I'm my friendship groups favorite third and fifth wheel, it's always couples + Franco to all the events

My favourite car is my Mazda B2600 ute, it's absolutely ridiculous, it uses ****loads of fuel, and it's the slowest thing on four wheels but I enjoy it's simplicity.

It has no electrical problems, because it has mirrors you adjust with your hands, windows you wind up or down with a handle and some knobs, sliders and buttons for HVAC controls.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 19-09-2023 at 06:38 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: