View Single Post
Old 18-09-2023, 06:44 PM   #337
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Bump. I'm keeping my eye on the late common garden variety Falcons/Territories and Commodores, they seem to be coming off the most tiny amounts from the corona pricing, it really isn't much yet, still 22-25 asks for dealer 6cyl VF Calais wagons with around 100,000 on clock, V8 of same has come down a bit more with low to mid 30's in the ask at times. Territories seem a better value for money proposition (and more peace of mind with indirect injection...) with high teens/low 20s for the SZ2 petrols with asks depending on trim spec.

We've got to the stage where the unicorn near new original FGX XR6 is seen in the low to mid 30s, a couple of cheeky asks under 40. As a realistic long term ownership proposition, they'd be a pretty good buy going on how long their drivetrain holds up*, and the current entry price asks for medium SUVs being over 40K.

VF2 redlines seem to be a 50's to 90's ask depending on how much hopium is on behalf of the seller and kms. Future classic those, I reckon.

But overall I don't see too much difference from where they were over the last couple of years.

Other stuff like the Jag SUV's I keep an eye on have been falling and you can see the ask prices fall in real time.

*(is the final FGX gearbox as good as the 6HP26?)