View Single Post
Old 16-09-2023, 10:08 AM   #8
Swampy
BFII Ghia - Lovin it!

Default Re: FG Fuel Sender/Float Orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post
Swamp - the part for late BF2 was specific to that car so it should come up under VIN when your Ford dealer searches it properly - however, this part is obsolete as of a couple of years ago.

I put a FG tank in my BA F6 (has a better / bigger swirl pot design), and had to use the specific part which I bought new at the time. It can only be installed one way, and when installed will move to the correct position. From memory, you have to compress a shock absorber looking device and insert it in to the correct slots inside the tank, when you do that it'll just move to where it needs to be.

I'll see if I can find the part number. I'd expect June or Sept 07 onwards BF to all have the same sender. These will be the ones with the push ring pump retainer instead of screw down.
Thanks FPV.

Yep, mine definitely has the push ring pump retainer. However the fuel gauge sender definitely looks like an FG. I have managed to buy a second hand FG unit, so if I get a chance this weekend, I'll swap it out and see if they are the same.

Funny thing about my VIN as I had mentioned previously, I have had a few different parts from FORD to match my VIN that don't fit. Funny enough, one of them was the fuel pump module. They gave me the type that was screw down and said that defiantly matched my VIN, which of course didn't fit.

It's all a bit weird....

Swampy
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote