View Single Post
Old 24-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #18
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Our 3 year old Ford Demo Purchase - was in a rear end accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
I also know of a few people who have rejected "brand new" cars, albiet just mazdas / holdens etc. I also know of a very high end ferrari that had repairs done which was brand spanking new (near on a million dollar car). I would never buy a car without looking at it properly first.
Sometimes an expert can only spot the issues..the same panel beater I referred to was once repairing our Territory and called me to ask "who had repaired our car previously". I was shocked as I answered no-one, it's never been damaged before. He asked me to come down and proceeded to show me the paint lines on the inside of the front driver's door skin and around the lock etc where it was obviously taped off and painted but some scratches were still there at the bottom....I did actually find out it was repaired at the factory before shipping to the dealer after a favour by someone with some "mates". Initially I thought it was the dealer however they were adamant it wasn't and they too got the same response from FoMoCo. until my contact dug deeper.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote