View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 07:27 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

Another BMW, and another Tiff Needel review. Or shoot-out.............

The E46 M3 is arguably the best M-car ever, the CSL is probably the best BMW ever!

Again, another video that made me fall in love, this time that stunning 3.2 Inline 6. The standard version sounds bloody fantastic, but the CSL with the carbon airbox was and still is, orgasmic! This would have to be the best inline 6 ever made. Sure, there have been more powerful inline 6's, but I would challenge anyone that didn't go weak at the knees for one of these. Skip to 1.55 and 2.26 and listen to that thing sucking air on the down shift, spine tingling!

I want one, I want one, I want one. Of course, the CSL was sold in limited numbers, in fact you had to have CAMS license or sign a wavier to buy one due to the Cup tyres. A standard M3 would do me, and I would likely fit it with carbon airbox like many others have done. And I would endure any BMW-ness for this car, that engine!

Sadly, these cars are still too expensive, even examples with the SMG gearbox and high km's. This engine also appeared in the Z4M, which I love for the styling as well, but those are still commanding big money.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: