View Single Post
Old 14-02-2023, 03:42 PM   #2435
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I see petrol has jumped 30c, started over the weekend.

Apparently Putin came out on Friday and said he would follow through with his production cut, but that doesn't start until next month.

Sleven still playing catch up, so fill up now and lock the price in for another week.
Some shady **** going on last week, friend pointed out to me that LPG price rise by 30c/L overnight out the blue and then when he went to shop servos showing the lower LPG price, a couple servos turning off the LPG pumps while they were showing the lower price, until the price rise went through then they turned them back on.

Makes me laugh - price of diesel is a huge driver for inflation and the RBA is out there raising interest rates every 2 seconds to combat inflation and no one is doing anything about trying to investigate alternatives for lowering the price of fuel which is a big driver of inflation

Clown world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I did it for a year then stopped when I needed to sell my car.

30% of the passengers I would have preferred to cancel on had I known they were so inept at using the app, understanding the rules or just plain retards.

It was good timing as Uber started an open slather of recruitments and there were many more drivers for the fares available.

Throw in APP glitches and crashes, and a non existent driver support platform that always favored the passenger etc it was not worth the headache.
I've got a 4.89 rating on Uber and I've done a heap of trips and lots of pickups from sketchy places in the early hours of the morning, I reckon my points loss comes from me talking to the driver constantly - **** I love meeting random people and finding out their stories

Last ride I had the guy had been full time Uber for the past 4 years - was a forklift driver at Caterpillar in Tullamarine for 22 years, reckons he's making more money and working better hours with Uber.

Some people seem happy with it but others not so much, you don't know who is getting in your car, they're not always gonna be Franco.

I shop Taxis and Uber, if there's surge pricing then I use the 13Cabs app for taxis.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-02-2023 at 04:05 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: