View Single Post
Old 30-06-2022, 12:42 AM   #51
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I should have asked for a print out of my returned battery results, he had the report there, he taped it to the old battery when I picked up my new one this morning, but I was more worried about getting my new battery then being concerned about the old one.

Would have been interesting to see.
I've always been suspect on those digital battery tester things with the print out, I always preferred ye olde carbon pile load tester.

This thing sorts out the men from the boys:

https://toolswarehouse.com.au/produc...1302967271537&

Rip it down to 9V-10V and see how much CCA she turns out on the gauge, its a decent 'real world' test simulating a starter motor on it, I've had the carbon pile load tester fail things that mr fancy digital printer thing thought was fine, I had both for reference as well.

Something to keep in mind that little eye thing people religiously go by on the state of the battery is only measuring the cell the eye is based in, so at best its a guide on the condition of the battery.

Entirely possible one of the other cells could be halal and the little eye is telling you its all fine, its more common than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I agree, he shouldn't be so hard on himself. Nothing wrong in recommending or advising a product you believe to be good and/or has treated you well. But as he said, if he knew then what he knew today it would be different. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Plus in reality we are talking about a very small sample out of what is thousands upon thousands of batteries made. I don't think its entirely the case, but we could just be talking about bad luck here.

Sure???
I'm still alive so his kind words still count - HMAS Fiesta ST served me well, if in doubt, more revolutions and go faster, my risk assessments just operate on a different scale to everyone else

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-06-2022 at 12:53 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: