View Single Post
Old 23-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone that parks in a no-standing zone, especially in Melbourne.I once had a delivery in a laneway off Little Collins street and when I went to drive out of the street I was unable to get the turn of the truck as there were two people parked in no-standing zone.As a result I was stuck there for three and a half hours.Which cost ME a lot more money than your $105 as I lost a load that I was supposed to pick up to go to Sydney.So I say TUFF S H I T. You broke the law ,pay the fine and stop your whinging.
And I don't deny that I parked there. But it wasn't a laneway in a city where there was a very strong chance I couldn't park anyway. It was a street that being 15km at least from the city is wide enough for 2 semis to drag each other, with cars parked on the sides. City/St Kilda whatever, understood. Just where I got done serves no point.

This thread isn't a quesition on the legality of the placement of the sign, it's a question on how I can get away with not paying the greedy ИИИИers.