View Single Post
Old 23-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #1546
jgmdat

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
What do people here use for microfibre cloths?
I like to have a good range when I clean a decent car (or even my 30 year old cheap bmw), but because I was bored at work I thought I'd punish the faded and peeling shockwave ba ute again. I got started but then realised someone had pinched all my towels - had to finish the grinding work* with chux LOL.

Seriously, what I did like to have on hand is some general purpose 250GSM for the gritty stuff or interior.
something closer to 300gsm for prep, 450gsm for polish buffing and 600gsm for spray on sealants.

I work 46 hours a week for minimum wage, don't have time to shop around or pay big bucks.

I was going to buy the 250gsm "morgan" brand bunnings cheapies (20 for $10), then sabco 280 gsm for $12/8 pack, then while SCA had a meguires sale get their ~440gsm buffing and ~600/gsm detailing. But can't find stock and don't want to chase sllooooowwww interstate post to WA, or international, or amazon or ebay.

* touch up with a cardboard mask at a distance with a holts can. Attack where it's not peeling with a rotary buffer and wool pad with septones harsh compound, fix that resulting mess with a DA and megs ultimate, protect the damned thing with a sealant that stops it fading or peeling. Huge job. But the better rags are for my better BMW that I hope never ends up as bad as the BA. Also yes I'm a working poor, but I'm a car guy - and they need money - but best bang for buck and well researched spending is what they have. I guess if none can help then some others get some ideas at least, in that case outside of bunnings, kmart seem to have half decent ones for old cars at least.

Costco have Kirkland Signature Microfiber Towel 36 Pieces x 2 Pack for 63 bucks, works out around 88 cents each and they are good quality.
jgmdat is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: