View Single Post
Old 27-08-2021, 06:17 PM   #415
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Ok O ring part 388898S has arrived and appears to be made of hard nylon rather than soft silicon or Viton and is much larger in circumference than the ones need on the MK II FG's high pressure steering hose. They are the white ones in the attached picture. The black one is the one that was supplied with the Kelpro hose I bought and appears to be silicon rubber. The green one is a Viton one like the ones on the genuine Ford hose. My local Ford dealer said you have to buy the whole hose to get the O-Ring (and they wanted $450.00 for it compared to $270.00 from most Ford dealers that are on ebay) but they at least were prepared to show me the packaged hose so I could see the O-ring. I am recovering from a hernia repair and other minor surgery at the moment but once I am able I will fit the green Viton 0-Ring and report back.

In any event thanks again GTLegend for all your help; I will doubtless eventually also find a use for the white plastic O rings (perhaps if I need to help someone with a Mark I FG). From past experience I have to say you can never have too many spare O-rings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg O-RingsSmall.jpg (43.1 KB, 16 views)