View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #60
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I see Chinese made MGs everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Fairfax owns Drive. They have been printing Chinese propaganda in their paper up until recently.
Plus most people don't like controversial comments these days. Discussions that could make people a little uncomfortable are not wanted.
Agree there is lots of propaganda going on, both sides. But the link was actually sourced from The Age, owned by Nine Ent Co....definitely not a propaganda arm of China haha. Actually didn't fairfax merge with Nine Ent Co a while ago? Not sure how it works now.

Anyhow its just numbers, I didn't really see any controversial pro or against comments from the author.

BTW, did people realise the chinese also own Volva and Saab? I didn't, until today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I remember the same attitudes being held towards Hyundai in the early 90s to early 2000s when they came to Australia. I remember If you said "Ive got a Hyundai Excel/Kia Rio", your friends/family/colleagues would turn their noses up and reply with an ignorant "urrggh why did you buy ones of those for?" response because you bought a Korean car, while pointing at their 'straya' built falcodores with the other hand.
Spot on. Was just thinking that. We were also mocking anything "made in Taiwan" a decade ago.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: