View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 12:09 AM   #103
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Don't see much of:

Clean AU or AUII wagons.
B series are getting thin on the ground here in regional coastal Vic, not completely gone though.

XG and XH panelvans. I miss these after the deluge of Transporter/Hiace/iLoad vans that has infested this coastal area.

380s and Magnas.

Mazda 121 bubble car, Toyota Echo, Honda Accord Euro, Any golfs older than current model.

---

Funnily enough, I still see 60, 80, 100 and 200 series Cruisers regularly and troopies of all ages. Camrys too, of the early 2000s thinner model after the widebody (best looker) And also older Range Rovers, there are local survivors from Classic and L322 onward which you would think is impossible as they are supposed to fall apart so thoroughly. Still see older Discos too which is surprising.

Still see the odd EF-EL, and VT-X-Y-Z Commodores. There's a couple of local Kingswoods running around much to my satisfaction, and one fella a couple of towns over still runs an XW.

---

It seems that maybe Adelaide is right and being in 1999 is the best way to be. 20 years has passed but in some ways it feels like nothing much has changed despite all the crazy stuff that has gone on. Can't wait for today's dual cab utes to disappear from the auto landscape...