View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #101
chinamonty

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I see more geminis then camiras. My mum had a camira wagon when i was a kid. Bad memories of the boot flying open and the bmx bikes falling into traffic. Actually, my parents also had an isuzu gemini coupe before i existed. But it wasnt cool at the time and they decided 4 doors was more then 2 when my older brother was on the way. That was before the camira existed too, but dad got a work car, a xd wagon, then a mitsubishi L300, but the really old school early 80s one that you dont see anymore at all. But the one with seats. Not like the 09 L300 work van i didnt kill myself in driving it for 6 years. After a long run, i reckon the governing bodies realised the coke can like construction of the mitsubishi vans cottened on.
Dont see any toyota cressidas around these days either, my old man had one of them too in the early 90s. It was pretty nice. Leather, sunroof, wired analogue car phone. It was full 90s decked out.
haven't seen a Camira except at car shows for years. I occasionally see a Gemini. I used to see an L300 before lockdown but haven't seen it since but that may change now that country and city can visit each other.
chinamonty is offline   Reply With Quote