View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #11
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Wire van fridge for 12v

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
Got a ba fairmont ghia with reversing sensors and was wondering how you’d disable them when trailer or vans on, there’s a 7 pin flat and a 12 pin flat that has the cutout switch for the sensors but don’t think there’s a 7 pin round with that cut out switch.
you are correct. there is no round plug with a reed switch. If you want to keep your sensors you need to run a 'flat plug to round plug' adapter, which are readily available, or change your trailer to a flat 7 or 12pin to match your car.

I did this with my territory. initially I changed to a 7 pin round on the car and disabled the beepers so it didn't beep constantly, but I wanted my beepers back, so I went back to the factory 12 pin and changed my van over to a flat 12 pin.

Running a 12v fridge through the 12pin plug (pin 8 I think is aux) is possible if you use 6mm wire (which does just fit in the pins) however if you plan any long drives this could still have the potential to melt your plug. If you only drive up to half a day, then it would probably be ok.

As mentioned, most 'vanners run 2 andersons. one for house battery and one for the fridge.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote