View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #85
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
I thought the R-specs were 4.5sec 0-100km and 12.5 quarters? and with a perceived nearly 100 killers difference an da fair whack off the price?
Yeah, the R-Spec is a good bit of kit. But, if i want to buy new then it's not really in the equation.

Regardless, whilst the GTS is more expensive, it also comes with a lot of 'standard' kit over and above any of the FPV cars. I'm just saying, there's more to the price than wider tyres, and fast times.

Whilst i may never use some of the features of the GTS, and they may seem like a gimmick, they are there none the less.

I can simply appreciate the effort that HSV have made with this car. It wasn't just a matter of dropping in a big crate motor, and charging a huge premium for.

I'm still leaning towards a GT though, 100k is a large chunk of money to give up on a new car... A low km GT or well priced new one with some mods, and then in a few years time i'll hopefully garage it for the kids. Hopefully by then i'll pick up a low km GTS, best of both worlds!