View Single Post
Old 15-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #78
nunga
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fords old Brisbane plant; any information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFP508 View Post
I have a mate who is friends of the James family that own the site..there is a reason why they havent touched the site...suffice to say they would always be waiting for the best top dollar (religous upbringing, if you catch my drift)
Hi guys, I've worked at G James at eagle farm for nearly forty years and have seen this building change a few times. When taken over by GJ they relocated there joinery shop, scaffold, park furniture, curtain wall production line no2 and paint shop in there, Real cosy, but the place was really run down and little done maintenance wise, as was always ear marked for demo. I was there yesterday and there removing all the asbestos and getting ready to knock her down. In the front office area where the brick facade is, it has always been out of bounds as the white ants have run through the place. It was like that from day GJ took over. Dam shame to see it go as the art deco facade is unique. It is in a hell of a state and how it has stayed up is really amazing. You better get out there and get your photos asap as time is running out.
Good luck.
nunga is offline   Reply With Quote