View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Newbie wheel question

Hi Osmars,

I'm answering on the basis of a bit of research (Google is your friend ) and this seems to suggest that they will not fit because the stud holes are on too small a circle 100 mm. I think the Focus has a stud circle which is 108 mm (but someone with more knowlege may correct this)

Also the offset is different to the norm for 17" wheels. This is how far the flat mounting face of the wheel is away from the line that runs through the centre of the rim when looking at a cross section. I believe this is +49 mm for the focus with 17" dia wheels and what you propose is +40 mm. This will push the wheel further away from the hub and it might provide trouble with suspension movement causing the tyre to contact the bodywork - then again it might not. But if this research is provides accurate figures then it will cause the track width of the car to widen by 18 mm. Probably not going to be a problem but it does upset the suspension geometry.

Go here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2278 if you want some drawings about offset.

As to whether or not they would "look good", if they look good to you then fine, but I think they are not going to fit the car.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote