View Single Post
Old 26-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #30
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who carries a first aid kit ??

1st things first, 2 thumbs up for stopping to help

I have first aid training and so does my wife, Why? it doesn’t cost allot (although work provides my training) and 2 I have 2 kids, these kids have friends that come over an play I like to think that if any thing were to happen my wife and I would be able to look after them until the ambulance arrived (if haven for bid any thing that bad were to happen)

As for kits, we have 3 cars on the road, our every day cars and the XP all of which have reasonably comprehensive first aid kits and dry chem extinguishers.

I have used the kit in my every day car on a number of occasions on my kids and our friends, usually just for minor cuts and so forth. And I have to say I don’t find it confronting to do this. The only time I found any first aid treatment confronting was when I tried to resuscitate my dad last year. I couldn’t get him started, but I tell you what faced with that situation again and even with a stranger, it’s a no brainer I’d give it my all

Even if you just have on of those $15:00 Trafalgar kits in your car its enough to stem the bleeding or immobilize a limb etc while you wait for the ambulance. This does a number of things for the injured person. A/ Hopefully you manage to achieve what you set out to do and it makes their recovery smoother and B/ if nothing else it helps to reassure the person that every thing will be OK

And let’s face it I’ve seen people spend more than that on drinks and chocolates it’s not a huge investment

On this same topic some schools are now also offering junior first aid or BLS or something like that, what it is for kids over 12 (I think) and teaches them basic resuscitation techniques and basic first aid. As soon as my kids are old enough they will be doing it.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote