Thread: New HSV/Camaro
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
lol, i am a ford fan as ai drive one, but i laugh at you calling holden procastinators, they have had the power advantage for so many years, now ford have it for 1 months and suddenly holden are the procastinators (check spelling) lol, please, its ford fans like you that give our badge a bad name and bad sales. Holden have already done the 375kw job, which is 40 more then fords best and 2 years ago. If Ford were not "procrastinators" they would have done this 3 years ago also and not lost so many sales as they are with inferior muscle car "numbers"(ie engine specs) and also inferior design.

I can say all this honestly, because i drive a Falcon station wagon, and am not totally brand loyal obsessed like some in this forum. I like holdens, and fords, but chose ford for the superior 6 cyl engine and drive train integration. but in the muscle car terms, i can see Ford has been behind for about 10 years, and even with the 'coyote' will have trouble regaining ground.
Ford USA designed the Coyote with boost pressures in mind.....

Recent Dyno tests have shown the 335 Kw GT is actually making that power or more
at the rear wheels, not at the flywheel and that's without any intercooler fitted yet.
Coyote is at the start of its development phase while the LS engine will retire in 2012/3.

The last thing I want to see is a power war at the showroom floor, it's really bad news
for enthusiasts as it attracts government attention with calls for restricting power to follow...
Better to have a "basic" blown engine with understated HP/torque like FPV have done
than risk the media backlash of escalating power wars and ensuing bans by governments

If HSV uses the Z28 engine, I'd expect it will be exclusive, limited run and of course expensive.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote