View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 03:01 AM   #58
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Not quite.
More like Ford Australia agreeing to give something like a Crown Victoria the GTHO name,
Except we at least know that America can produce some decent cars, even if they are not exactly our cup of tea.
Those Americans who don’t think we’re “somewhere south of Germany” think that we all ride Kangaroos and Hunt Crocodiles.

In reference to FOA’s marketing of the Focus and Mondeo, I have to agree. They used to have a very catching rally-based ad for the Focus, but I haven’t seen anything for years (or at least nothing I remember.) The ST (XR5) has been winning “Hot Hatch” awards since it’s inception, but I don’t recall ever seeing it advertised.
As for the Mondeo, well it has voice-control that can apparently be activated by a random noise such as a dog-barking. Great Ad!
I happen to think it is a very nice car, and should appeal to those wanting a roomy car without the power and thirst of a Falcon. Had I kept my work 4wd, I was seriously considering getting her indoors a TD wagon. But it has been appallingly marketed by FOA.
I’ve heard a lot of guff about not wanting to compete with the Falcon, but that doesn’t make sense. It competes against the Camry et al, not against the Falcon or Commode.