View Single Post
Old 18-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I wonder if Pickles could end up in a pickle over that one. Would a licensed auctioneer such as them not have a duty to openly disclose any defect with the vehicle that may seriously affect the value of that vehicle? Particularly when making it available for sight unseen auction.

For a start, is it being sold as a road worthy vehicle? If so a car that will not open and closed doors properly is not road worthy, therefore the items is not in it's advertised condition.
They definately need to advertise it as a repairable right off or a damaged vehicle.

Are we sure that it wasnt advertised like that online??

They dont need to sell cars roadworthy as they sell them un-registered, but its very buyer beware.

I used to buy cars online for a client from Sydney and Melbourne from Pickles sight unseen and we never had a drama, these were 2 year old Fairlanes tho, bought a heap of them at the time and they always had inspection reports online which matched up to what we got when we received them.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote