View Single Post
Old 14-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #76
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

The 2011 next gen Focus is scheduled to be built and go on sale in the US next year, possibly May-August span I would presume.

As for how Ford is doing......providing they can hang on until the upswing in the market, just like all the other manufacturers are waiting for, they are going to kick ***.

Evidence of confidence in this is all the bondholders that happily took Ford stock and cash at 40 cents on the dollar in trade for debt. Ford had more takers than they wanted and closed the deal in 2 weeks.

Evidently these people (business professionals) feel they are going to get a good return on the Ford stock (which is up 400% since December).

Add to that parity with transplant companies on labor costs, removing $10 billion in debt, the most 5 star safety rated vehicles in the US, the most "recommended buys" by Consumer Reports (70%), quality equal to or better than Toyota and Honda, new products across 80% of the product line, new styling, new engines with better fuel economy and emissions, rave reviews from automotive journalists, praise among Americans for not taking a government loan.....and MORE!!! Ford is poised. Ford is ready and equipped. Ford is at the top of their game like never before.

This is not the company I hired into, this is much, much better!

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote