View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #54
*rayman*
454 Power

Angry

I think insurance companies need to change their mothod of determining premiums and stuff.

When i was 20 i had a mustang, full comp insurance for me with no previous rating was $500, i was stoked, but it'd cost em a shitload to repair an imported car. They weren't concerned with this, just the fact it was over 15 years old.

i went some 4 years without full comp insurance, the girl behind the counter liked xr8's, and seemed to be chatting me up, so she put me on a rating 1 premium. Not that i'm complaining though.

My parents have been insured for some 40 odd years, no claims. My old girl smashed their new mercedes ml350 into a brand new xr6 turbo ute about 6 months ago, they are still fighting to get the insurance bullshit resolved. His car is fixed and all finished, theirs hasn't been.

Insurance companies need to consider more factors when insuring people i think, and not back out of so many legitimate claims like they do. I know people will say premiums will go up, but they need to make insurance a more 'personal' and depending on the 'individual' level. Like a personal reference type scenario of someone who knows the persons driving history, habits about where the car gets left, etc etc.

All in all, insurance companies can't wait to get your wallet open, but when it comes to getting money out of them its a far different story.

I'll wait for my flaming now...

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro